Monday 9 May 2016

Requirements for being an Astronaut


Am I qualified to become an astronaut?

Resiliency:

I think that I meet 4/7 of the practical applications for resiliency: Persistent thought process; connection between internal and external self; at best when things are at their worst; understand the purpose of actions.
I think the reason for my not meeting the other three requirements is because: 1) I'm subject to procrastinating and not always being self-directed; 2) I'm a bit of a pessimist; 3) I definitely don't have a sustainable "can do" attitude whatsoever.

Adaptability:

I meet all 4 of the applications when it comes to adaptability: Adapt to situations and individuals; know my personal boundaries; open and tolerant to other ideas and approaches; draw from other cultural backgrounds.
I know that I'm naturally passive and willing to change so being adaptive comes incredibly easy to me. I'm also intelligent enough to realise when other people have better ideas or plans than me, and I'm disciplined enough to put my pride aside for the embetterment of a group.

Curiosity:

I believe that I meet both (2) of the requirements when it comes to curiosity: Ask questions to understand not just get answers; transfer knowledge to others, not just show-off.
I've always loved learning and absorbing knowledge from lots of different people. There's something about learning that fulfills this need for self-empowerment I possess; knowledge is the best weapon anyone can have.

Ability to Trust:

I meet 3/4 of the practical applications for my ability to trust: Trust built on good judgement; self-informed trust; reflection on previous experiences.
For the most part, trusting in other people comes rather easily to me, I just believe in people too much.

Creativity/Resourcefulness:

I without any doubt meet all five of the requirements in this category: Flexibility with tackling issues; not constrained by how I was initially taught to deal with problems; humour is used constructively; good sense of play and spirit; aware of different forms of creativity.
I've always been taught that being open-minded allows for the most happiness in life, if you're always fixated on what you don't agree with in the world, you never focus on all the positives; that being said, it is easy for me to accept other ideas/opinions and learn from them.


No comments:

Post a Comment