Friday 20 May 2016

Planet Base (Day 5) Final Post

Today is the last day of testing/reviewing my experiences with Planetbase. I'm going to try a new strategy today and that is...ACTUALLY EXPANDING; every time I've played so far I've always saved expanding the amount of people for last, and I always run out of time before I do it.
I'm gonna build a landing pad right after I achieve a level of being able to survive.
Here We Go!
So I started off with the usual's: obviously the oxygen generator, airlock, water extractor, solar panel, power collector and canteen. Once we survive the first night or two, get a mine going, that's when I'll build the landing pad.
First Night

Alright so, unfortunately I ran out of time yesterday, as It was a shortened block, so today I have to start up an entirely new game; however I will try my best to emulate what I had in the picture above, which shouldn't be too hard.

Somewhat close to yesterday's base.
Alright, now that every thing's back on schedule, it's time to resume plans for aggressive expansion!


So I built up everything we as a colony need to be self-sufficient, and within five-teen minutes I placed down a landing pad; now all I need to do is increase food production in order to ensure more people come to my base.


Success!! The first official "new guy" to come into my base
Now, the main thing now is too make sure I have enough power and resources.

 Alright so I've had four new astronauts land at my base, and just now I had my first experience with the Trading ships, they saved my colony from starving.


Just survived our first sandstorm, nobody died thankfully; although that would help my depleting resources:/

Alright so I'm fairly certain that everyone is gonna die soon, considering how I've run out of water and I have no metal to build more water collectors.

Whelp, I just had my first death, some guy died of starvation. I'd like to think that he died pridefully, but this base is slowly dying, so I'm calling it. 
I think the aggressive expansion route was definitely the most effective tactic I've used so far. This game is so challenging!

No comments:

Post a Comment