Thursday 19 May 2016

Planet Base (Day 2)

  Alright so today in Planetbase I started up the tutorial in order to, well, not fail immediately.

     It was fairly straightforward, I had to place certain buildings in certain pre-determined positions while simultaneously being given tips on why and how these buildings would help me.


The general gist of the tutorial was the game holding-my-hand through each and every building and placement, I like that and I generally wish more tutorials were as hands-on as this games was.



But although the tutorial is well thought out and makes the objectives of the game easy to digest for players, there are flaws with it, at least in my opinion.



With all of the features and different buildings that are found in the vanilla game, I wish that the dev's would've expanding the length of the tutorial to include every building and it's purpose. When I actually started to play the game, I had no clue about what a handful of buildings uses where and how to exploit them. I basically had to learn through trial-and-error before I could maximise their productivity and manage their drain on my colony.
The symbols I've circled in red are not even touched upon in the tutorial.








No comments:

Post a Comment